Tuesday Night Metro Workouts
The Track Club workouts during the late-Spring/Summer months are at beautiful, historic Balboa Park. We meet on the grass near 6th avenue at Nutmeg Street. You can't miss us. Just look for the big group of people with short shorts and running shoes on!
Around the time of year that daylight savings time ends we move under the lights to Balboa Stadium for track workouts. Map
Workout begin at 6:00pm. You are encouraged to warm up and stretch on our own prior to 6:00pm so that you are ready to start on time.
Visitors - You are welcome as a guest to participate in our workouts. San Diego residents who participate regularly are encouraged to join the Track Club as a member. Individual membership is only $50.00 / yr. and you can sign up online by visiting the Membership page.
- When: Tuesday evenings
- Time: 6:00pm
- Location: On the grass north of the restrooms east of 6th between Nutmeg & Olive
- What: Club members and visitors/guests converge to participate in structured interval-type workouts in a fun, supportive environment
||Coach Paul typically uses Heart Rate as a guide to measure effort. Use the Target Zone Calculator to help you determine your personal aerobic heart rate ranges.
*use this as a general guide only. Each person is different and many factors can affect heart rate. Consult a physician with any questions.
Click here for
Tuesday, Sept 20, 2016
8 x 400 Fitness Circuit.
Tuesday, Sept 27, 2016
10 x 400 at 5K pace with a 1 min recovery
Tuesday, Oct 4, 2016
4 x 400 at 5K pace; 1-2-3-4 cone tempo followed by 4 x 400 at 5K pace
Tuesday, Oct 11, 2016
2 x 1000 at 5K pace with 2 minute recovery followed by 1-2-3-4 cone tempo run and 1 x 100o at 5K pace
Tuesday, Oct 18, 2016
3 x 1 mile at 5K pace with 3 minute recovery between intervals
Some general rules for you to remember:
- Do wear your Track Club shirt, singlet or club apparel. School officials will be policing visitors, including those who use their facilities after hours.
- Do allow time to park in a nearby lot and remember we will finish in the dark, so pick a safe place.
- Do understand numerous groups use the field and track; don't start warming up on the field or oval if another group is still using it. Wait your turn.
- Do make sure you look both ways before you cross over to the field upon arrival or departure. Listen carefully. If someone yells "Track!" it means a fast runner is approaching in Lane 1 or 2 and someone is blocking it.
- Do respect others' paces. When we have large groups, such as during our marathon training season, the following designations exist:
- Lanes 1-3 are reserved for the fastest runners. Never stand in these lanes.
- Lanes 4-6 are for intermediate, or midpack, runners.
- Lanes 7-9 are for beginner or back-of-the-pack runners.
- Do warmups running clockwise; the workouts running counter clockwise.